Re: Question about LC Class numbers

From: James Weinheimer <j.weinheimer_at_nyob>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:25:06 +0200
To: NGC4LIB_at_listserv.nd.edu
If you look at the MARC documentation from OCLC (in this case, superior to
LC's) http://www.oclc.org/bibformats/en/0xx/050.shtm you will see some
examples of numbers, e.g. treaties (I think!) JX233 áb .A5 1968 .B3

I have assigned literary numbers where the entire language is in a single
cutter number, so the book number is buried. E.g.
http://www.indiana.edu/~libslav/slavcatman/pshelf.html

James Weinheimer  j.weinheimer_at_aur.edu
Director of Library and Information Services
The American University of Rome
via Pietro Roselli, 4
00153 Rome, Italy
voice- 011 39 06 58330919 ext. 327