Re: [oss4lib-discuss] good and best open source software [oss watch]

From: Eric Lease Morgan <emorgan_at_nyob>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:07:48 -0500
To: CODE4LIB_at_LISTSERV.ND.EDU
On Dec 28, 2009, at 2:08 PM, Michael Fraser wrote:

> OSS Watch, the open source software advisory service for UK higher
> education has some pointers to existing frameworks for evaluating open
> source software:
>
>   http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/strategists.xml
>   http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/brr.xml
>
> --
> Dr Michael Fraser
> Head of Infrastructure Systems and Services
> Oxford University Computing Services
> 13 Banbury Road
> Oxford OX2 6NN
> Tel: 01865 283 343
> Fax: 01865 273 275
> http://users.ox.ac.uk/~mikef/

Very nice, and thank you for bringing OSS Watch back into my consciousness. I am sharing your well-done resource links with the Code4Lib community because, rather ironically, this thread has gotten more attention there. [1] I believe more people need to know about OSS Watch.

[1] Code4Lib thread - http://tinyurl.com/ychwxzq

--
Eric Morgan